Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Persimmonious

...is not a word. However, if it was, I’m fairly sure it would have something to do with persimmons.

I’ve been making stuffies for a couple months. They’re not nearly so advanced as things you can find on Runo's blog, Soto Softies, or the works of Mondopando, but they are awfully fun to make. Also, they’re much easier to compose patterns for.



For example, a persimmon! Called kaki in Japanese, I’ve eaten more than my fair share of these thingies in Iwate. It was always neat to see them hung up in long chains from the windows of houses, drying in the winter sun... even though it wasn’t a tradition I was familiar with, it evoked that old “grandparents' house at the holidays" type of nostalgia.

Download the pattern and enjoy! I hope to get the rest of my patterns up here in the near future... next up should be the strawberry.

3 comments:

Roger Haus said...

Hi Ku.
You have a very interesting blog. ;)
See U soon. Greetings from Barcelona

bunbun said...

Hi! This is too kawaii! I love it!

Lara said...

hmm caquí (in portuguese)i love it! i am loving your blog , especially the alpaca softie :)